Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Welcome to the Heartfelt Collection blog + New Product Offerings for Spring 2013

Welcome to the Heartfelt Collection Blog


Quote: "I know nothing in the world that has a much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine." Emily Dickinson

 

A Heartfelt Word

 

The Importance of Our Words!

From the very beginning, the Heartfelt Collection has been about creating products that offer words to lift the heart, to let someone know they are important and to express love and appreciation to those we care about. The word heartfelt actually means: deeply felt, earnest and sincere. The power of a heartfelt word can encourage, empower, uplift, bring hope and bind the wounds of a hurting world

The power of words in general, whether spoken or written is huge! In our lives we know the power of our words can do a great many things, and also, that it is our choice how we choose to use them. God’s Word reminds us that, “Reckless words piece like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing” Proverbs 12:18.

In this blog, I would like to share with you some of the Heartfelt product offerings, the heart behind some of the sentiments and hopefully and more importantly, encourage you to choose and use the power of your words to help make this world a better place.

Spring 2013 New Product Offerings

Precious Moments art is known throughout the world. We are very excited to offer three collections using the beautiful images created by artist, Sam Butcher.

The first collection, called Precious Moments Classics, has 24 Inspirational pieces and 24 General sentiment pieces. The sentiments were designed to touch the lives of those we care about and to share as a keepsake, the words that express our heart.


The next collection, called Precious Moments Mini Classics has 12 Scripture verses and 12 General sentiments. These are so sweet! They are printed on pearlized paper and have embossing which really stands out when you actually see it. It is a wonderful pick-me up, in a small form that can truly brighten a day. As an avid lover of the Precious Moments figurines, I have actually placed one of the Precious Moments Mini’s with the figurine that matches, in my curio cabinet which houses my collection. My personal favorite, was the first piece my family gave me many years ago called, “Love One Another”.


The last collection, called Precious Moments Holy Celebrations features verses written for, First Communion, Confirmation, Baptism and Baby Dedication. It includes a framed piece for a girl and a framed piece for a boy with each title. This grouping also has a place to personalize with the name and date of this special celebration day. A wonderful keepsake for a child to keep as a reminder of the commitments made for these special events which have significant meaning in their lives.

The next four new releases deal with occasions that are significant gift giving events: Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Wedding/Anniversary and Graduation, most of these take place primarily in the spring, however, they can also be given as gifts throughout the year. The thing I love about these products is that they are not just seasonal. Whether its birthdays, wedding, anniversary, Christmas or just because you want someone to be uplifted with words and sentiments that actually mean something. I truly believe that there is a need and a place in the market for these each and every day, because our words matter!




I hope that the next time you are choosing a gift for someone that you would stop and ponder the lasting meaningfulness of giving a gift that can express what your heart feels. Giving gifts of expression in sentiment can have lasting and impactful meaning.

 

The Heart of Heartfelt

I recently saw a movie called, “The Letter Writer” and the plot was about an older gentleman who wrote letters with encouraging words and then gave them, as his heart directed, to people at random. The movie demonstrated how one letter changed the life of a young girl and how she received this letter at the exact time she needed affirming words in her life. I know in my own life, there has been numerous times that a scripture verse or devotional reading, a friend calling or emailing me words of care or my child calling me out of the blue to say, “I love you,” happened at the exact moment I needed it. The power of words… their impact… may we all use them wisely and carefully.

I would love your thoughts and feedback. I love reading or hearing stories of how words have positively impacted your life or the lives of others. Also, I love sharing quotes and poems that are meaningful and that have made a difference in my life. I have notebook after notebook and book after book of beautiful words and they are one of the many joys I have in my life. As Emily Dickinson said, may our words Shine!

Lea Metts


The Face Behind the Name


Since I was a little girl, I have loved beautiful words!

 I loved to say them, read them and more importantly, I loved hearing them… especially if they were said to “Me”. In fact, my personal love language is “Words of Affirmation”, go figure, right? Life has taught me their power and I have lived my life as a result of the good and the bad. Is that not true for most all of us? Tell anyone they are special enough times and they will come to believe it, same holds true for negative words – that is their power.

As a child, I had a reading disability, but for some reason poetry was something I could comprehend and understand, hence, my deep-love for all poetry to this day. When I write poetry or verses, the first thing I do is ask God to put on my heart what someone else needs to hear and I think about what I would say, with meaning and purpose, to those I care about or what I would want someone to say  to me. Poetry is truly the song of my heart!

Heartfelt Collection – The American Dream
In 1987, my husband and I started our company, Heartfelt, Inc. from the basement in our home, I designed, wrote verses and assembled our handmade greeting cards and my husband marketed and sold them. From there the journey of framed sentiments began and our American dream came true. We built the Heartfelt brand, with the help of many wonderful people, over the next 25 years and in 2011 we sold our company to Christian Brands in Phoenix Arizona. My husband and I continue to work with the Heartfelt brand doing what we love…


No comments:

Post a Comment